P.O. Box 13
Civil Lines, Sialkot Rd.
Tel. 92-431-731 570
Our Mission Statement
"The mission of Gujranwala Theological Seminary is to train, develop and equip men and women called by God for ordained and other ministries to fulfill the Great Commission of Jesus Christ."
We have been training leaders for the Christian Church of this land since the seminary was first founded by United Presbyterian missionaries from North America in 1877 to provide national pastors for the fast-growing local church.
Today the seminary serves the Presbyterian Church of Pakistan, the Church of Pakistan and the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church. Members of other churches also come for training.
We teach in accordance with scriptural and creedal principles generally recognized as evangelical and in accordance with Reformed Theology.
Nature and Purpose
Gujranwala Theological Seminary exists to instruct candidates for Christian ministry in Biblical Studies and to prepare them for service in the Christian Church and generally provide training in Christian character and mission.
The Constitution provides that teaching of the seminary is in accordance with scriptural and creedal principles generally recognized as evangelical and in accordance with Reformed Theology.
The seminary is situated on a spacious campus on the Civil Lines, Gujranwala, providing a peaceful environment for worship, study, reflection and recreation.
The seminary was established in Sialkot in 1877 as an institution of the Synod of the United Presbyterian Church of North America. It was in 1912 that it moved to its present location in Gujranwala.
Negotiations were conducted between 1946 and 1953 for a United Theological Institution, resulting in the establishment of a United Board of Directors in 1954.
The seminary became a registered institution under the Societies Registration Act in 1959.
The following buildings were added to the original central complex of classrooms, chapel, library and offices completed in 1958:
Additional married-students' quarters have been added over the years along the southern perimeter of the campus.